Actor Gary Churchwell


Although Gary has been involved in acting and writing since childhood, his educational pursuits have led him to a degree in Biology at the University of California, Riverside with a minor in Theatre. He graduated from Western University Medical School in Pomona, California at the age of 24 to obtain his Medical degree. From there he did one year of pediatric residency at Loma Linda Children's Hospital before switching to working in the entertainment field full time. He speaks Mandarin Chinese conversationally, and speaks some Spanish and Russian.

Gary:
I have always had a strong interest in acting and writing. As a child I fell in love with the theatre and many of my friends were in commercials and television shows and it was something I always wanted to do. I also started writing at a young age and during "show and tell", I wouldn't bring a toy like most kids, but I would read a story I wrote to the class.

Unfortunately, working in the arts was not something my family wanted for me and I was pushed to find a more "suitable" career choice. I chose medicine and I was dedicated to making it through school and become a doctor.
Well, I did it. Those of you who know me know that I graduated medical school and one year internship in Pediatrics while juggling my career as an actor/writer/producer at the same time.

Well, it came time to make a hard choice. Either pursue medicine, which by now wasn't nearly as great as I thought when I got into medical school or pursue my lifelong dreams of working in the creative field of the entertainment industry.



I weighed a ton of options, spoke to many close friends, family, and my girlfriend, and went against all their advice. I chose this wonderful field of entertainment. Yes, its a risk, yes, its unstable, and yes, I lost my girlfriend of 5 years over it who constantly nagged about how it wasn't the right choice.

But I'm happy with my choice, because I love telling stories and making movies. Can't imagine doing anything else anymore. I take it as seriously than I did my harrowing medical career and any doctor will tell you that you have to be very serious to get through the grueling training. No looking back now. Here I am trying to make a difference in a whole new way!

Among His first film/tv appearances you can find: "Legally Blonde (2001)", "Are You a Serial Killer (2002)", "Issues 101 (2002)", "Catch me if you can"
His later/recent/future appearances include: "Shifter (2008)", "Monster Movie (2007) "Investigating Love (2007)".